16.9.10

Another day with Shri V.S. Shirali



Today, I want to share with you- my experience of a date with fabulous harmonica player Shri VS Shirali on my recent visit to
Mumbai with few photos and videos I captured for the benefit of the harmonica lovers and visitors of this blog.

Needless to say, I'm a big fan of Shri Shirali and he treats me like his son. He is a very nice person with abundant knowledge of music. Apart from harmonica, he is a great keyboard and Guitar player. I adopted lot of things from him during our 8 non stop hours of discussion about music and harmonica. He says "In our generation we had the priority to be a musician first and a technician next... but these days the current generation people want to be a technician rather than being a musician. It is not a good sign".
He took me to his mentor- legendary sax player of
India Late Shri Manohari Singh’s home where I conveyed my condolence to his family members as he passed away recently




I do hope you'll enjoy watching these videos. You can read more about Mr Shirali at the link given below.

http://harmonicahyderabad.blogspot.com/2010/07/vsshirali-fabulous-harmonica-player.html



No comments: